Employer Quick Look
Amazon Fulfillment Services Leadership
Internet - ECommerce
We look forward to you joining us in learning about one of the fastest growing retailers in the world. At Amazon, we strive to be Earth’s most customer-centric company. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, driven people and we’re hoping it’s you.
Amazon is seeking Leaders for our Fulfillment Centers. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products throughout the world each year to our loyal customers. Our North American Operations comprises of several key areas ranging from: Operations, Engineering and Supply Chain.
Operations is at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. We deliver hundreds of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, our Operations teams possess a wide range of skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds. These range from business analysis and inventory management, to team leadership, engineering, transportation and retail.
Our network of Fulfillment Centers is supported by Operations Managers, Support Managers, Senior Operations Managers and Team Managers. Between them they take responsibility for the receipt of inventory, picking, packing and shipping, to ensure that our customers receive what they want, when they want it. Our innovative Engineering department design, construct and maintain our Fulfillment Centers
Operations Manager Description
The Operations Manager has complete responsibility for inbound operations, outbound operations or a functional process responsibility within the fulfillment center on a specified shift or across multiple shifts.
• Lead and supervise a team of Area Managers (2-5 front-line supervisors depending on location) and 100-300 hourly associates in outbound or inbound operations within the Fulfillment Center.
• Responsible for the overall safety, quality and performance and customer experience of the shift.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
• Accountability for meeting and exceeding operational goals.
• Strategic planning and forecasting; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; resolve problems; and address staffing needs.
• Mentor, train and develop teammates for career progression and learning
• Ability to develop and share best practices across the shifts and network.
This position requires a candidate with the proven ability to drive process improvements and the ability to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment.
• A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
• US citizen or permanent resident
• Direct management experience for a salaried employee population and its performance
• Experience with performance metrics and process improvement and Lean techniques(how, when, who)
• Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly
• Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field and MBA preferred
• Experience with a contingent workforce during peak seasons
• Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
• 5+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
• Interest in long-term career development through assignments in multiple FCs across the nation.
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), restricted stock units, growth potential and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Living In Greater Louisville
Working At Amazon Fulfillment
at Amazon Fulfillment Services Leadership
No Jobs Found.