2750 N County Road 75 W
North Vernon, IN 47265
$15.50 - $21.00 /Hour
Automotive - Motor Vehicles - Parts
Installation - Maint - Repair
Skilled Labor - Trades
First Call Staffing
812-346-8772 ext. 1333
First Call Staffing, a full service staffing firm headquartered in Indianapolis, IN currently has openings at all of our branch locations. As the 5th largest staffing firm in Indiana, we provide benefits including, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage available on your first day of work. Holiday, vacation pay and perfect attendance bonus programs are just a few of the perks that First Call has to offer. Most of First Call Staffing's opportunities are temporary to hire with our client companies. Take the opportunity that could lead to the career path you have been searching to find.
Must be able to work 12 hour shifts and every other weekend!
Is responsible for executing maintenance requests by diagnosing problems and making repairs and ensuring that service requests and repairs are made in a timely manner.
- Minor structural repairs requiring the ability to arc, mig and tig weld with minimal expertise.
- Provide hands-on support through troubleshooting equipment electrical faults using a multi-meter, oscilloscopes, etc. and electrical schematics to diagnose problems and complete repairs.
- Minor mechanical repairs e.g., replacement of drive belts and chains, shafts and bearings, etc.
- Drive Preventative Maintenance programs on all mechanical building systems (Checklist, documentation and tasks as assigned)
- Conduct preventative maintenance e.g., greasing bearings, chains, adjust drive belt/chain tension, and evaluate component wear and recommend replacement parts.
- Perform minor crane repairs e.g., replacement of pendants, switches, brakes, etc.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with the staff, vendors, contractors and Maintenance Director and Plant Manager
- May be called upon to work various schedules based upon business necessity
- Run conduit and pull wires.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Minimum 2 years direct work experience or Associate Degree related towards maintenance
- Ability to work in a non climate controlled environment
- Team Player
- Familiarity with arc, mig, and tig welding
- Predictive Maintenance Knowledge and Utilization
- Able to handle multiple projects
- The ability to use a multi-meter
- Familiarity with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s)
- Understanding of electrical schematics, including symbology and relay circuits
- 12 hour shift rotation with working every other weekend
Work area is normally a non air-conditioned and hot environment and an extensive amount of time is spent on shop floor. Hard-hat, safety glasses, earplugs, steel-toed boots are required on production floor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
Staff will also be requred to work overtime throughout the work week covering for co-workers to attend Ivy Tech Courses to get certified in a multitude of areas for the Maintenance Department as well as attend these classes when scheduled.