- MUST be able to work any shift including weekends.
- Experience with high speed food processing equipment, ovens, conveyors, mixers, case packers.
- Electrical and mechanical trouble shooting skills - industrial environment
- Experience in bakery manufacturing, maintenance
- Ability to operate a lathe, milling machine, grinder, welder, pipe fitting
- A PLUS - PLC troubleshooting and repair - Allen Bradley & Rockwell software
- Excellent and proven metal fabrication skills.
- Strong knowledge of safety in maintenance industrial setting
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE
Dawn Food Products got its start nearly a century ago when two
bakers opened a small bakery in Jackson, Michigan. This little bakery quickly became famous for its donuts. Soon bakers from other parts of the country wanted the formula. Rather than give the formula away, the unassuming entrepreneurs decided to
blend the secret recipe themselves and sell the mix to other bakers. By 1920, they were selling more mix than donuts, so they sold the bakery and began the nation's first industrial bakery mix company, which they named the Dawn Donut Company after the time of day when bakers do their work.
In 1935, during a difficult era when commodities were scarce and many businesses were failing, Marlin Jones joined the company. Marlin discovered that by traveling to agricultural areas, he could arrange with farmers to commit their fields of grain to Dawn. Thanks to Marlin’s efforts, the company was still healthy when World War II ended in 1945. Then, in 1955, Marlin purchased the company.