Our customer in St. Louis, MO needs a contract Software Engineer to support the ongoing implementation of a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution during a 4 month assignment
You will need the ability to design and implement innovative software solutions.
You would work in a collaborative team environment leading a group of engineers, using a variety of technologies, and conforming to various software development and business processes.
Ideally, you will be experienced in Service Oriented Architecture and Web Application development, with both client- and server-side experience.
1. Analyze customer, user, and business requirements; develop system and software requirements and software functional specifications;
2. Work closely with the Product and Project Managers to establish project scope and schedule;
3. Participate in the development of the work breakdown structure for a project, including estimates for project task work;
4. Explore options for the system architecture and contribute to architectural decisions;
5. Provide input to technical discussions and propose solutions and alternatives;
6. Analyze cost effectiveness and feasibility;
7. Inspect designs to ensure completeness, fulfillment of requirements, and compliance with Product/Project standards;
8. Coordinate and participate in software design and code reviews/inspections;
9. Investigate leading edge technologies thru self-study and training, and then bring concepts to the development team;
10. Mentor and provide technical expertise to less experienced developers;
11. Work with remote teams, including offshore.
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related discipline.
* Minimum eight years related software engineering experience.
* Strong skills in: leadership, system architecture, requirements analysis and development, object-oriented software design (including various design patterns), and software implementation.
* Knowledge of the entire product development lifecycle (requirements, design, implementation, test, and deployment) is needed.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are critical, and an ability to learn new technologies, programming languages, and tools is essential.
Working knowledge of Scrum and/or Agile development processes is preferred
Send your resume for consideration