International company expanding their metal stamping facility in the Winston Salen , NC area. Company is currently searching for a Process Engineer. Excellent compensation and benefits.
Job Summary: A “Hands-on” Engineer, to provide Technical Assistance and Support to Operations, Quality, Design Engineering and Maintenance, in order to resolve Manufacturing Issues by way of lean concepts, problem solving and implementing fixes to drive Continuous Process Improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To become the Process Expert. Primary contact for Manufacturing, regarding equipment and process issues, including (but not limited to) equipment downtime, safety and production of nonconforming product.
- Continuous Improvement Driver. Improve profitability and efficiencies of Value Stream, through implementation of process improvements, affecting scrap, labor and downtime. Drive continuous improvement initiatives and cost savings through application of Lean and Six Sigma Manufacturing techniques such as 5S, SMED and Error-proofing.
- Participate in product launches to ensure a smooth transition from design and launch phases into manufacturing. Develop PFMEA’s to identify and minimize any potential issues.
- Responsible for equipment purchases as necessary including presenting justification for capital expenses on new equipment or process improvements, design and specification of equipment and standardization of equipment within manufacturing methods and safety requirements.
- Design and manage new equipment process development, timing, budget, setup, debug and training.
- Work with manufacturing, engineering, and quality to setup SPC files for new products/processes or executes changes to existing ones.
- Create, Update, and Maintain manufacturing Work Instructions (S.O.P.’s). Train Operators on manufacturing processes.
- Must adhere to all company policies
- All other duties as assigned
- Must adhere to, and ensure that all safety rules are maintained in accordance with Industry standards (OSHA, ANSI, IEEE)
- Must be able to work extended hours when required.
- Must be knowledgeable in the effective use of Lean Six Sigma (LSS) tools and concepts to assist in process improvements, both within Lydall, and externally at our customers/suppliers. Serve as an active participant in LSS programs that promote continuous improvement.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Required for Consideration as a Candidate:
- 2 year technical degree or equivalent certifications.
- Strong Technical Experience with High Tonnage presses (Gib and Hydraulic actuated), Robotics, Stamping press automation equipment, and Conveyor/Roller systems.
- Minimum 3 years experience in an Automotive Manufacturing environment requiring multi-tasking and the ability to prioritize.
- Strong Technical experience with Allen Bradley based controls and software (RSLogix,RSView)
- Strong Technical experience with VFD’s and Motion control systems
- Working knowledge of Fanuc robot programming and Maintenance of robotic work cells
- Ability to function within cross-functional Teams, utilizing good communication skills and a “hands–on" approach within all projects.
- Must be a strong “trouble-shooter" with a working knowledge of Hand-tools and Maintenance practices.
- Well versed in MS Office and CAD software and applications.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- A 4 year technical degree (Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial engineering preferred.)
- Understanding of various types of tooling and standards preferred.
- A working knowledge of the APQP process and requirements for automotive PPAP.
- Knowledge of Lean, Six-Sigma or TPM doctrines.
- Experience working with customers on problem resolution
- Formal training in project management
- Technical experience with Vision system integration, programming and Maintenance .
- Technical knowledge of Industrial Networking including but not limited to Ethernet, RS 232 /485, and CANBUS protocols (i.e., DEVICENET, PROFIBUS, etc,…)
- Competent PC Programming skills including but not limited to VB,C++, and JAVA
- Experience with Database integrations including but not limited to SQL, Oracle and Crystal
- Experience Designing and Integrating DCS and SCADA systems for “Real-Time" Data access
- Understanding of various types of tooling and standards (Metal stamping, thermal forming, steel rule dies, et