QA - Quality Control
4 Year Degree
At least 10 year(s)
Young & Franklin Inc. is a privately held manufacturer of robust precision controls utilized by the land-based turbine industry. In addition to its core hydraulic offerings, the company manufactures a broad range of electromechanical, electrohydrostatic and voice coil products for GE Energy (including Nuovo Pignone and Energy Products Europe), Solar Turbines, Pratt & Whitney and others around the world. Young & Franklin supports its product portfolio worldwide from its facility in Liverpool, New York, where it employs a cohesive, industry leading staff of design, manufacturing and sustaining engineers. Its ISO 9001 certified facility manufactures products to meet stringent hazardous location, explosion proof, UL/FM, CSA, ATEX, and CENELEC standards required for shipment and installation anywhere in the world.
Tactair is an ISO 9001-2000/AS9100 certified designer and manufacturer of hydraulic and pneumatic controls for the aerospace industry. Tactair specializes in systems for wheel brake control, landing gear control, nose wheel steering control, flight control, and engine/nacelle control. Tactair's component product line incorporates valves (including bleed-air valves) and valve manifolds, linear and rotary actuators and dampers, accumulators, and reservoirs. Tactair product can be found on a variety of fixed and rotary wing business, commuter, transport, and military aircraft.
Summary: Position reports directly to the Director of Product Integrity. Leads the development, implementation and enforcement of quality assurance measures and testing standards at both Young & Franklin and Tactair for new applications, current products, as well as enhancements to existing applications throughout product life cycle. Responsible for interfacing with Suppliers regarding internal quality system requirements, and the investigation and resolution of Supplier and internal complaints.
- Establish and implement Quality metrics for monitoring system effectiveness.
- Manage the Corrective Action Request (CAR) process. Oversee the initiation, tracking, evaluation and closing of CARs, to assure effective root causes are determined and corrective actions are implemented.
- In conjunction with Purchasing conduct Supplier business review; report Supplier issues to management.
- Lead team of Supplier Quality Engineers, responsible for systemic quality improvement of supply base.
- Visit suppliers regularly to monitor manufacturing process; assist with audits; solve technical issues and ensure quality standards and flow down requirements meet or exceed expectations.
- Support sourcing recommendations by conducting supplier quality assessment of manufacturing sites. Provide quality recommendations to ensure that suppliers are delivering quality parts on time.
- Lead various quality problem solving teams to identify root causes and correct actions (RCCA) to eliminate defect causes and implement preventative actions.
- Provide support and participate in enterprise wide reliability and field aging initiatives
- Interface with Engineering personnel, Suppliers and Customers to resolve non-conforming issues.
- Specify general and unique inspection equipment requirements for all material received.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in engineering.
- 10 years of managerial experience in Quality, Supply Chain, and/or Materials Management.
- Demonstrated experience in a precision machining environment, Geometric Design & Tolerancing (GD&T), Metallurgy Lab, and Sustaining Engineering.
- Expert knowledge of AS9100, AS9102, ISO 9001-2008, DOD and FAA regulations, and LEAN Principles.
- Professional quality certifications (ASQ-CQE, CQA).
- Strong analytical, problem solving & PC skills (MS Office Suite software).
- Excellent comprehension and communication skills. Ability to lead by influence and establish credibility with both internal and external customers to meet deadlines and deliverables.
- Detailed understanding of root cause analysis, process mapping, manufacturing assessments, and control plan development. Broad understanding of metrics and measurement criteria.
- Must have a high level of integrity and sense of urgency to accomplish daily tasks with meticulous attention to detail.
US Citizenship Required
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer