1270 Highway 3057
Somerset, KY 42501
Automotive - Motor Vehicles - Parts
2 Year Degree
At least 2 year(s)
UGN, a world class manufacturer of acoustic, interior trim, and thermal management products for the Japanese transplant automotive industry in North America, is seeking a Process Controls Engineer to join our team at our Somerset, Kentucky facility.
The Process Controls Engineer develops or assists in the development of the lowest cost, highest quality process for products at UGN's Somerset facility.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Investigate, implement, and maintain Controls Technology for new and current processes.
- Investigate process problems, formulate and implement solutions to improve the productivity and efficiency of the various work processes of the company.
- Initiate process improvements and process improvement programs.
- Develop and perform capability studies for processes and equipment.
- Develop efficient plant / process layouts.
- Develop standard operating procedures for all processes.
- Determine optimum process conditions for new and existing processes.
- Visit suppliers and customers as required for analysis and solution implementation.
- Bachelor degree (B.S.) from an accredited four-year college or university with degree in Electrical or Electromechanical Engineering; and five plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications--Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
- PLC Programming a must – Allen Bradley preferred, WonderWare a plus.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Proficiency in problem-solving.
- Proficiency in both written and oral communication of technical information.
- Proficiency and experience in managing multiple projects.
- Ability to participate in / lead cross functional groups.
- Experience with Machine Automation in a manufacturing environment; Robotic programming FANUC preferred.
- Experience with Servo drives and HMI integration needed.
UGN, Inc. offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits in a state-of-the-art work environment.
For consideration, please submit your resume in Word (.doc) or Adobe (.pdf) format.