Accessible Space, a nonprofit organization, was founded in 1978. At that time, housing opportunities for adults with disabilities did not exist. Many people in need of attendant and homemaker support ended up in nursing homes. ASI offered a different option in which people could live independently in their own accessible, affordable cooperative homes or apartments and draw on supportive services as needed. ASI’s unique model enabled consumers to share service hours so supportive assistance would be available 24/7/365. Today the need for supportive housing and assisted living options continues to grow. Accessible Space’s initial five cooperative homes provided housing for 30 consumers in Minnesota. Now ASI is a nationwide organization with 101 buildings in 27 states.
The Nevada Community Enrichment Program (NCEP) of Accessible Space, Inc a national nonprofit is currently seeking PT Rehabilitation Technician(s).
No experience necessary we provide paid training!
The Rehabilitation Technician will provide personal assistance services, supervisory care, direction and guidance to NCEP residents, and to follow treatment plans and clinical protocols as directed by the Residential Services Coordinator.
Job Duties are as follows but not limited to:
- Provide shared personal assistance services 24 hours per day to insure the personal health, safety and treatment for individuals receiving services from NCEP.
- Provide services at the direction of the Residential Services Coordinator including grooming assistance, hygiene, transfers, toileting, dressing, and related areas.
- Provide functional skills training (i.e., assistance with cooking, shopping, cleaning, laundry, etc.) at the direction of the clinical team and the Residential Services Coordinator.
- Maintain accurate charting in accordance with each NCEP resident/client's assessed needs and track progress towards goal achievement.
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of resident behavior management programs and treatment plans. Report progress/problems to the Residential Services Coordinator or Case Manager as may be necessary.
At ASI, we are proud to offer the following benefits:
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Paid Holidays (if worked)Life Insurance
High school graduate or GED, minimum age 18.
Must be able to follow direction and communicate effectively with managers, co-workers, and clients to permit efficient and effective site operations and to meet resident care needs.
Strong problem-solving skills, dependable, flexible, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Rehab Tech may not be a blood relative of any individual receiving services at the ASI/NCEP site of employment.
Must be able to effectively communicate with the client, (must be able to read, write and speak English).
Must not have been convicted of any crime relevant to any aspect of the provision of health care services.
Must be able to conduct oneself in a professional manner and abide by all organizational and program policies in order to maintain the integrity of the program and assure the best quality cares and support for the residents.
Ability to lift and transfer, using proper body mechanics, adults weighing 100-200 pounds in a safe and consistent manner.
All staff are required to have a valid Driver's License and possess an automobile with
Proof of automobile insurance required by the State of Nevada.
Submit your email address to begin the application process for the
Type your email address here.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com
Terms and Conditions for use of our website.