The successful candidate will be working within the WMSC Radio Validation Team in Rolling Meadows, IL. The main focus for this position is developing test plans, maintaining test environment, running test cases, and identifying the root cause of protocol stack test case failures related to 3GPP Pre-certification Testing and 3GPP Carrier Inter-Operability Testing activities. The successful candidate will be working in development test labs, verifying and ensuring the proper functioning of wireless radio technologies such as GSM/GPRS/EDGE, WCDMA/HSPA, CDMA, and LTE, before the mobile devices developed by Wistron are sent out to external test labs for formal certification. This position also requires traveling to 3GPP Inter-Operability Testing sites maintained by wireless infrastructure vendors in order to run test plans prescribed by wireless service carriers, mostly within North America, and occasionally overseas.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science as a minimum, preferably a Master Degree
- Minimum 2 years experience developing and/or testing radio software on mobile devices for one of the following technologies: GSM/GPRS/EDGE, WCDMA/HSPA, CDMA, and LTE.
- Familiar with GCF and PTCRB certification test equipment and certification test requirements for cellular technologies.
- Familiar with Carrier IOT test equipment and Carrier IOT test requirements for cellular technologies.
- Must be very organized, detail oriented, energetic and focused
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to learn quickly and grasp technical concepts
- Good understanding of the different models of software development life-cycle
- Proven ability to multi-task and to work under pressure
- Self-motivated with strong, demonstrable problem solving skills
- Good understanding of mobile device software and hardware architecture required
- Must have strong technical skills, great attention to detail, and strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to understand complex subject matter across different technologies and to quickly grasp and learn new technical concepts
- Proven ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Proven ability to handle multiple high priority tasks
- Ability to write test scripts in a variety of languages (Tcl/Tk, perl, Python, C++, csh, ksh)
- Experience with troubleshooting and maintaining the SW and the HW related to automated test environments.
Wistron Corporation is an ODM (original design manufacturer) of information and communication technology products. Wistron provides the design, engineering and manufacturing expertise behind some of the most recognized electronic products in the world. With design centers in Taiwan, China and the new North American design center in Rolling Meadows, IL Wistron continues to expand its presence in desktop computing, networking, mobile and wireless systems. For more information, visit www.wistron.com.
Be part of Wistron’s growing presence in North America, designing tomorrow’s leading edge computing and wireless products. Wistron and the Wistron logo are registered trademarks of Wistron Corp and may not be used without prior written permission from Wistron Corp.