2650 106Th St, Suite 215
Urbandale, IA 50322
4 Year Degree
At least 6 year(s)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actively and regularly communicates with all internal and external parties of project (customer, internal resources and Sr. Management) about status, risk, issues, and changes throughout a solution delivery.
- Drive solutions to delivery by informing all resources about the proposed solution, liaising with client and resources to eliminate obstacles and ultimately ensure a quality solution is delivered on time matching the expectations of the customer. This process includes actions such as defining business and functional requirements, producing estimates, creating project plans, ensuring all documentation is accurate and thorough and coordinating handoffs between all appropriate internal and external departments.
- Adhere to solution development lifecycle ensuring all deliverables are met within established processes and guidelines.
- Monitor and track project progression to ensure client-defined solution expectations are met. (i.e., milestones, scope of project, timeliness of deliverables, quality of delivery, functional requirements met, budget constraints, etc.)
- Coordinate and lead project meetings to include defining and managing to a set agenda, summarizing meeting results in writing to internal and external clients and clearly identifying owners and timelines for follow-up items. Track outstanding action items resulting from project meetings.
- Participate in detailed exchanges with client representatives to clarify all details of business objectives and requirements. Requires the Project Manager to both probe the customer for specifics about the solution and speak to the technical capabilities and/or limitations of the product. Establish mutually agreed upon measurements of success as indicators of project performance and delivery. (i.e., scope of project, timeliness of deliverables, quality of delivery, functional requirements met, budget constraints, etc.)
- Consults with existing customers to identify additional growth opportunities for solution delivery.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert for internal resources and sales by utilizing Customer, System and Product knowledge.
- Develop a level of knowledge of the client's business tied to products in order to be the subject matter expert during customer calls to strategize and help define solutions (may be in conjunction with business development or solution architects, as available).
- Liaise with the client, and all other Operational departments to bridge operational capabilities with client expectations. Define business and functional requirements, ensure seamless transition of information throughout project process, and ensure accurate transfer of information as it relates to changing of project deliverables and timelines.
- Assist with transition of technical support to post-implementation support group to ensure project and/or products are supported effectively. Provide direct support and communications on customer issues as necessary when not fully transitioned to support departments. Maintain awareness of all outstanding customer post-delivery issues and provide status to stakeholders as necessary.
- Participate in and comply with departmental expectations including such things as regular status reports, time tracking, and team meetings.
- Define metrics and measure success factors for internal and external projects.
- Mentor less experienced project management associates on project management tools, systems, processes, products and techniques to ensure development and improvement of skills to meet departmental standards.
- May set up, execute, test and deliver standard and/or key products, jobs and processes to customers in a timely manner ensuring that appropriate standards are followed and customer needs are met.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
A four-year college degree or comparable experience.
Excellent analytical skills. 6+ years of business experience, 2 ys+ project management experience independently managing the entire life cycle of a project required.
4+ yrs customer contact experience preferred
Hands on experience w/ technology preferred
Experience managing multiple projects required
Experience writing detailed business requirements and Statement of Work/change requests.
Insurance or financial background preferred. Experience in transaction based industry considered.
Proven ability to identify technology problems and effective solutions.
Excellent communication skills a must. Strong presentation skills a plus.
Demonstrates flexibility in dealing with change and adversity.
Strong listening skills, ability to assess and understand customers’ needs and the ability to communicate and interact with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally.
Ability to prioritize workloads, time manage workday effectively, multi-task, work on a team, use analytical skills and work with a variety of personalities.
Proficient PC skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Proficiency in planning and tracking tool(s) such as Microsoft Project, Clarity, etc. needed
Proven experience ensuring compliance to business requirements.
Willingness to travel to clients sites as necessary
Experience working autonomously and in teams.
Excellent verbal and writing skills.
Experience proactively monitoring and following up on action items.
Since 1998, Visiont (formerly Vision Tech Consulting, Inc.) has been assisting clients with Information Technology recruitment and placement solutions that drive their business. Visiont excels in understanding and identifying customer needs and IT professional's career goals, and providing the right people for the right positions. We understand that people are the key resource to any business gaining a competitive advantage in today's marketplace. We believe that experience and track record produce results.