655 Industrial Drive
Lebanon, KY 40033
4 Year Degree
At least 5 year(s)
A large manufacture of products and assemblies is seeking a Plant Accountant. Advanced manufacturing experience is required.
- Function as a business partner with plant and financial management to effectively manage and control the local business. Accountable for plant level responsibilities including general accounting, cost accounting, bill of materials, business analysis, and financial reporting. Will also liaison with corporate financial staff, as required.
- Manage the timely completion of the month-end financial close.
- Analyze and accurately report current month’s financial results to the plant, sales, and corporate management in accordance with corporate format and time requirements.
- Prepare and coordinate the annual budget at the plant level.
- Prepare, maintain and analyze product standard costs
- Support the analytical needs of the Corporate Controller and all other group financial management
- Partner with plant management to increase plant efficiency and profitability
- Prepare analysis to understand the financial ramifications of current and proposed business actions
- Identify issues and proactively initiate analyses / solutions to plant issues
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Oversee and reconcile inventory cycle counts and conduct annual physical inventory
- Assist in preparation of capital appropriations requests
- Track cost reduction projects and maintain required reporting
- Support six sigma by auditing results and suggesting new projects.
- Responsible for internal controls at the plant.
- Submit all financial transactions, transmissions, and reporting on a timely and accurate basis.
- Perform audits of bills of materials to ensure product costs are accurate and accounted for properly.
- Ensure timely and accurate input of bill of material and price code changes.
- Reconcile the systems perpetual inventory to production, shipping, and returns on a monthly basis.
- Attend daily plant production meetings.
- Meet with the General Manager to discuss production and costing issues. Review labor reporting and cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost, returns and inventory levels.
- Conduct formal meetings with manufacturing, finance and sales management personnel to discuss all plant issues. Develop and publish a formal agenda and recap with actions to be taken.
- Document and understand ERP/MRP systems, hardware, and reporting conventions.
- Analyze potential excess and obsolete inventory items quarterly.
- Reconcile all inter-company accounts monthly.
- Assure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Policies. Resolve questions of GAAP and internal controls with corporate financial management.
- Assist in the completion of special projects as needed.
- B.S. in Accounting or Business Administration.
- 5-10 years as plant controller or cost manager in a manufacturing environment with an emphasis on cost accounting, reporting and variance analysis.
- Demonstrated leadership as part of a cross-functional plant management team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound planning and organizational skills.
- Skills in Excel, ERP systems, Crystal Reports
- Travel as required (less than 5%)
Excellent compensation package including competitive wages, paid vacations/holidays, medical/dental/vision and life insurance, 401k plan and more.