Healthcare - Health Services
4 Year Degree
At least 3 year(s)
Loyola University Health System is currently seeking Case Managers to provide coordination and lateral integration between management and patient care activities to achieve high standards of patient care and quality outcomes.
The Case Manager works with the multidisciplinary team including physicians, staff and payers to ensure patient's progress along the continuum of care in an efficient and cost effective manner that ensures quality outcomes. Utilizes established guidelines to support appropriate level of care throughout hospitalization. Acts as a patient advocate and communication link with other departments and community resources. Facilitates multidisciplinary rounds and supports nursing staff in development of individualized, evidence-based, outcomes oriented, and safe practice.
- UTILIZATION REVIEW: Uses approved criteria for admission and continued stay reviews to ensure appropriate setting and timely implementation of plan of care.
- PATIENT OUTCOMES MANAGEMENT: Reviews pertinent clinical information to assess patient's response to treatment and care.
- CARE COORDINATION: Responsible for patient assessment of complex clinical discharge needs and establishment of an appropriate plan of care with multidisciplinary team.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Demonstrates leadership behaviors that enhance and support team functions.
- Required: Bachelors Degree
- Preferred: Masters Degree
- Required: 3-5 years of previous job-related experience
- Preferred: 6-10 years of previous job-related experience
* Minimum Experience Details: Recent clinical experience in medicine, surgery, critical care, telemetry, or ED is required. Recent Case management experience is preferred. Managerial Experience: N/A
- Required: CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation),Current Registered Nurse License State of Illinois
- Preferred: Specialty certification in clinical or functional area of nursing granted by a national nursing organization.
Loyola is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer/educator and is committed to a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.