Automotive - Motor Vehicles - Parts
Defense - Aerospace
At least 2 year(s)
The principal role of these individuals will be to conduct modeling and analysis of systems and sub-systems for current and next generation commercial and military ground vehicles. Representative areas requiring development include, but are not limited to: chassis, driveline, suspension, steering, powertrain, brakes, and armor kits. These individuals will be involved in the development and analysis of components, systems, and/or complete vehicles. Projects include modifications and improvements to existing vehicles, as well as development and (virtual and real world) evaluation of complete vehicle prototypes.
- Component/system conceptual development
- Component/system model development
- Component/system model mechanical/dynamic/stress analysis and correlation to test data
- Report development
- Customer interface
- Some travel may be required
- Perform tests in the field in extreme temperature and/or environmental conditions.
- Assist in special projects.
- Operate Company vehicles in support of test operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering
- 1-2 years experience in an engineering/modeling and simulation (e.g. FEA linear analysis, multi-body dynamic analysis) role - can include co-op/intern experience
- Capable of receiving DOD security clearance/Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to observe proper safety precautions.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with other employees, supervisors and the public.
- Able to work in excess of 40 hours per week with varied work shifts.
- Must possess or be able to obtain an valid Nevada Driver's License and maintain a good driving record.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must have excellent organization and time management skills.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple priorities, with the ability to adjust to high pressure and rapidly changing business conditions.
- Knowledge of automotive fundamentals and vehicle systems
- Experience with Pro/ENGINEER or similar modeling software packages
- Familiar with ADAMS, DADS, or similar dynamic analysis software packages
- Familiar with Nastran or similar general purpose FEA software packages
- Experience with Matlab and Simulink
This position is not limited to those duties in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced, or deleted to meet the business needs of Hodges Transportation, Inc./NATC.