Automotive - Motor Vehicles - Parts
Nonprofit - Social Services
At least 2 year(s)
2AM Group, LLC is a premium technical service provider offering strategic and detailed planning, process implementation, technical logistics support, and responsive services for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and their suppliers in the Automotive, Aerospace and Marine Industries.
GOAL SETTING / TASKS:
The Material Handler, with use of a forklift, will be responsible for receiving, selecting, packing, and/or distributing and putting away warehouse inventory. Tasks may include but are not limited to: selecting and packing customer orders; loading and unloading delivery vehicles; assembling stock onto shelves or pallets; opening cartons, bundles and other containers using hand tools; weighing, counting and recording units of stock to ensure conformance to customer standards; and practicing good housekeeping by maintaining the warehouse in an orderly and clean state.
- Pull and stage orders for delivery or pickup.
- Load and unload material of any customer or supplier.
- Accurately receive all shipments coming into the warehouse.
- Shipping of any materials, to include UPS and common carrier.
- Proper stocking of materials, including rotating stock.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area and workstations neat.
- Box, band and label finished product.
- Preparing records of goods shipped and bills of lading.
- Compare identifying information on outgoing shipments against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records.
- Check parts received against bills of lading, purchase orders or other documents to verify correctness of incoming shipments.
- Maintaining inventory levels by checking shelves and assisting in the preparation of purchase orders.
- Filling orders from Pick Tickets and maintains the necessary clerical records.
- Checks items for proper packaging to ensure safe transportation and has the option to refuse if not adequately protected.
- Inspect received material for damage and defects and takes appropriate actions.
- Assist in resolving simple vendor discrepancies and reports those that are more complex to a higher level
WORKPLACE REQUIREMENTS: (only those actually necessary for the position)
- Arrive at work on time, in proper uniform, and ready to work.
- Ability to operate a forklift safely and efficiently.
- Able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to pass company drug testing.
- A valid driver’s license and insurable by 2AM insurance carrier.
- Maintain professional attitude and appearance.
- Possess physical ability to perform job.
- Dependable, reliable and conscientious.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
High School Diploma or GED