$29,000 - $31,000 /Year
401K, medical, dental, long term/short term disability
Not for Profit - Charitable
Nonprofit - Social Services
4 Year Degree
AASK is hiring Family Specialist positions to provide licensing, certification and support to foster and adoptive families who wish to provide care to children who have special needs and/or developmental disabilities. Positions are available in departments serving families that are assigned to our kinship, and specialized foster care programs as well as our general foster care and adoption department. Some positions are located in Central Phoenix and some in our West Valley location. Bi-lingual are needed and encouraged to apply. A bi-lingual (Spanish) pay differential is provided
·Conduct assessments and develop foster and adoption home studies
-Support families in the foster care licensing process and monitor the liceense.
-Provide foster care and/ or adoptive home post-placement support services to families.
· Be familiar with PS-MAPP leader and conduct pre-service training for families.
· Respond to families needs via phone or in the home.
· Facilitate, negotiate and coordinate placement of children meeting the agency's criteria in appropriate AASK foster, fost-adopt and adoptive homes.
· Develop and carry out a post-placement service plan coordinated with the identified case plan for the child and in accordance with the self-identified needs of the family.
· Assist families in identifying training and support needed through the course of placement.
· Utilize consultation services of other professionals in the support of the family and child through the course of the placement.
Services are provided primarily in the homes of families, so candidates must have reliable transportation that enables them to travel to family homes located throughout the Valley as needed. Travel to far East or far West locations in Maricopa County will be required.
AASK is a non-profit organization licensed through the State of Arizona. AASK's mission is building and strengthening families through foster care and adoption. The AASK foster care and adoption programs provide families multiple opportunities to make a significant difference in the lives of children who have come into Arizona's foster care system as a result of abuse, neglect and abandonment. Established in 1988, AASK has a strong history and places more children into Maricopa County homes than any other child placing agency. Please visit our website at http://www.aask-az.org/ for more information about AASK.
Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field. Masters degree in Social Work or experience in foster care, adoption or related field preferred.
· Proficient in diagnosing, assessing and evaluating the maturity, strengths, functional levels, and readiness of persons and couples to become foster, fost-adopt or adoptive parents for children meeting AASK’s placement criteria
· Proficient in diagnosing, assessing and evaluating progress of children’s foster care, fost-adopt or adoptive placement as related to development, loss/grief, and bonding and attachment.
· Knowledge of casework and group work concepts and processes, and the skill in utilizing both methods effectively.
· Ability to analyze situations accurately and to adopt and execute effective courses of action.
· Ability to relate, with a positive, warm and friendly manner to persons of any economic, educational or social level and to persons of any racial, ethnic or cultural background.
· Ability to secure appropriate support services for family and child.
· Thorough knowledge of Arizona foster care licensing and adoption standards and instructions along with the ability to interpret and apply them correctly.
· Ability to speak and write effectively.
•Document case activity in an accurate and timely manner;
•Attend evening and weekend appointments depending on needs of clients;
•Comply with training requirements and professional/licensing standards;
•Attend staff meetings, as directed;
•Maintain client confidentiality at all times;
•Abide by all Agency policies and procedures.
·•Perform other tasks, as assigned
•This position is supervised by the Director of Foster Care and Adoption and does
not have any staff-supervision responsibilities.
•Must be at least 21 years of age
•Valid AZ driver’s license, proof of automobile insurance, and
Please be aware that AASK receives many applications daily for this position. Unfortunately, we are not in a position to respond individually to each applicant. In the event that you do not receive a response to your application, it means that AASK does not intend to extend an opportunity to you to interview for the position. No calls please.
Pay differential offered to applicants with bilingual (Spanish) oral and written fluency.
Candidates for this position must have strong writing skills and will be asked to produce a writing sample as part of the interview process.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work in a fast paced environment characterized by growth and change.
AASK has a multi-step interview process for all applicants, including interviews and a writing sample. Preliminary telephone interviews may be arranged based on the discretion of the hiring manager.
Candidates should indicate which location they would like to be considered.