SmartSource Inc is seeking 2 Sr. Network Engineers in Tustin, CA.
Location: Tustin CA 92780
Term: 3 Months
Title of Opening: Sr. Network Engineer
Pay Rate: $55-60/hr
Summary: We are seeking 2 Sr. Network Engineers for a minimum 3 month engagement located in Tustin CA
Our customer has a complex network and service environment. We need to add members to their team with advanced knowledge of LAN/WAN in a multi datacenter multi MPLS cloud environment. The Network Engineer (LAN/WAN) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and integrity of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research, troubleshooting and support to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. They provide written recommendations on development to ensure continual innovation. With general supervision, implements system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the production environment.
This individual will assist project teams with technical assistance in the Service Transition and Service Operation phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the implementation support of design and technical strategy within the project life-cycle; validation and testing and rolling-out the solutions into production environments. Problem, Change, and Release Management will be part of ongoing operational support. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
• Participate in Architecture Reviews with IT Architecture and Engineering group, ensure supportability requirements and standards are followed
• In coordination with IT Architecture and Engineering develop new standards to maintain or improve stability and scalability of the current network environment.
• Forecast, recommend, and implement capacity planning.
• Install new and configure existing hardware in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
• Support all network hardware and applications.
• Maintain installation and configuration procedures.
• Contribute to and maintain system standards.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
• Provide third tier support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
• Repair and recover from hardware, software, or circuit failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
• Perform regular systems hardening to maintain security standards.
• Check help desk database for entries on network resource issues; prioritize and respond to tickets as appropriate.
• Create scripts as required.
• General support of production systems as required.
• Apply patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
• Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
• Maintain training materials and server documentation.
• Must be willing to take a drug and background check upon an offer being made.
• MUST BE A US CITIZEN OR GREEN CARD HOLDER!
• Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science (or equivalent).
• Eight years or more of system administration experience, of which two years or more are in an engineer capacity.
• CCNP or relevant experience.
• Advanced knowledge of Cellular, POTS, ISDN, DS1/T1, E1, DS3, OC3, FE.
• Advanced experience with CLI (iOS, NX-OS).
• Advanced knowledge of OSI Model, Subnetting/IP Addressing, VLANs.
• Advanced knowledge of Spanning Tree, HSRP, EGIRP, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, MPLS, and VPN technologies
• Advanced knowledge of packet capture and analysis.
• Strong experience with Cisco routers (ASR), layer 2 and 3 switches (65xx, 45xx, Nexus line).
• Strong knowledge of firewalls, load balancers.
• Strong knowledge of wireless technologies.
• Basic and experience with Windows Operating Systems including; Windows Server 2008 (R2 64bit) and higher.
• Basic knowledge and experience with server hardware including blade infrastructure.
• Basic of Enterprise Storage technologies (iSCSI, Fiber Channel).
• Knowledge of audit and security best practices (SANS, EC-Council).
• No regular travel is required. Local travel may be required as needed to support business operations
• Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, occasionally with little advance notice.
• This position will be part of a paid on call rotation supporting the production environment 24x7x365.
• Must be a team player and have excellent communications skills.
If you're interested or know anybody that might be please send a WORD resume to Jason: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
(630) 607-7210 Direct
[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]