Broadcasting - Radio - TV
Sales - Marketing
2 Year Degree
Make your mark in Broadcasting. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc is one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies in the nation, programming 112 stations located in 61 geographically diverse markets. Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believes in a vision and is dedicated to making Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc a communications powerhouse. We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WRLH TV, Fox Richmond/My TV Richmond is seeking an Engineer Assistant. You will be directly responsible for hands-on support of modern broadcast equipment.
- Corrective and scheduled preventative maintenance for all computer equipment including AVID products, LAN and office computers.
- Corrective and scheduled preventative maintenance for all broadcast equipment including switchers, ENG equipment, servers, and transmitters.
- Identify and respond to component level problems of all broadcast equipment and transmitters.
- Provide technical support for all broadcast equipment including automation systems and IT issues.
- General station maintenance.
- Equipment installations and software upgrades.
- Primary emergency repair response while on-call and for backup emergency repair response, if available, while not on-call.
- Act as back-up for Chief Engineer and designated FCC Chief Operator during absence.
- Must possess a positive attitude, willing to learn on the job a strong work ethic, and ability to work well with others.
- Desire to be a team player in a professional work environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong PC and networking skills.
- Some experience in a Network Administrator or Technical Support role preferred.
- Knowledge of RF Transmitter(s) or Communications Systems Maintenance desired
- Knowledge of broadcast automation systems (Sundance Automation preferred) or PC/Server control systems desired.
- Familiar with FCC regulations concerning TV broadcasting.
- Associate Degree in Electronics, other related technical degree or equivalent military electronics training, certification a plus.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license in good standing.
Come work for a dynamic and growing television station!
You must apply online to be considered. Apply below or go to www.sbgi.net.
**INTERNAL APPLICANTS AT A SINCLAIR STATION SHOULD SEE THEIR LOCAL HR CONTACT TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION. **
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!