Employer Quick Look
View Company Profile
State Industrial Products Corporation
500 - 1,000
The original State Chemical Manufacturing Company was started in 1911 by the Zucker family. With $75 and a dream, the five brothers started the firm in a one-room office and a tiny 750-square foot plant in downtown Cleveland. Their original product was a green, floor-sweeping compound that was made by hand.
In 1927, the Company constructed a new 30,000-square-foot building on Superior Avenue and moved their headquarters there. The three-story facility housed up-to-date equipment, which enabled the Company to provide faster service and to carry a larger volume. Sales grew and a successful catalog/ mail order business was launched.
World War II placed added demands on State and fueled business. In 1941, the Zuckers purchased the Superior Baptist Church and remodeled it into a warehouse. The Cleveland Press ran a full-page article about the new facility, calling it: "Cleanliness and Godliness under one roof."
During the 1940's, the Company continued to expand by opening sales offices in Columbus and Cincinnati. In 1944, State acquired its first warehouse building on Hamilton Avenue in Cleveland.
In 1966, State broke ground for a $500,000 expansion of its plant at 3100 Hamilton Avenue, virtually doubling the size of its downtown Cleveland facility. During the mid-1960's, the Company grew at a rate of 20 percent per year and employed 100 people. The early 1970's led way to another expansion, which again doubled the size of the Company's space.
In 1978, Cary Zucker founded Neutron Industries, a premier telemarketer of maintenance supplies. The Company has its headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona, and has twice been ranked among the nation’s fastest-growing companies by Inc. Magazine.
Jobs at State Industrial Products Corporation
Search within 30 miles:
-OR- Filter For Exact Location
No Jobs Found.
Show More Jobs